What is a Brazilian wax?
A Brazilian wax removes all hair from the pubic region from the top to the labia and even between the bum cheeks. “It’s changed my life” Gwyneth Paltrow .
How long should the hair be?
Hair should be 1/4 inch, that’s about the length of a grain of rice. If it’s a forest down there we will trim it before your wax.
Does waxing hurt?
There is a level of discomfort during a Brazilian, especially if it’s your first time. But not to fear, we do everything in our power to make your experience more comfortable.
Should I shower before my appointment?
It’s always nice to feel clean when you come in for an appointment, but we offer Fresh wipes with every bikini and Brazilian wax so you don’t have to obsess over it.
How often should I wax?
Most wax worshipers wax every 3-6 weeks. We find that 5 weeks is perfect.
I'm pregnant. Can I still get waxed?
Yes, Although it’s generally safe to wax after your first trimester.
Should I get waxed a day before a big event?
If it’s your first time waxing we recommend booking your wax 2 or 3 days before a big event such as your wedding. Don’t worry, you will still be silky smooth for your big day!
What if I get my period before my appointment?
It’s always best to avoid scheduling your Brazilian waxes for while you are menstruating. But we do have fresh wipes, tampons on hand, so if you absolutely “need a wax now” we can accommodate you. If you prefer to reschedule your appointment we ask for 24 hours notice.
When should I not wax?
You should never wax if you are on an acne medication such as accutane or any other skin thinning or blood thinning medications. Waxing while on these medications can cause the skin to lift. Steer clear of waxing any area with varicose veins, sunburn, an STI or contagious skin infection. If you have undergone cosmetic treatments such as chemical peels you may have to wait up to 6 months before it is safe to wax.
Post Wax check list
- Don’t sunbathe for 24 hours before or after your. treatment. Tanning after your treatment can cause irritation and even burns.
- Don’t use any products on the waxed area until the following day.
- No swimming pool, hot tubs or sauna for 24 hours after waxing.
- Keep hair follicles clean by showering immediately after exercise.
- Moisturize the area daily with a natural body lotion.
- Gently exfoliate every 3 days with a mitt and natural body wash.
- If you’re prone to bumps or in-growns, use an in-grown.